Get a new or replacement bin, or get your bin repaired
We can usually repair damaged bin lids or wheels free of charge. You may need to buy a new bin if:
- your bin is damaged beyond repair (it is cracked or has a hole in it)
- your bin has been stolen or gone missing
- you have moved into the property and do not have any bins
We will only collect one type of each bin per household.
When to use this service
You can use our online service to buy a single new or replacement bin, or to get your bin repaired. If you need to buy more than one bin, phone us instead.
There is a charge for this service, unless:
- your bin only has a damaged lid or wheels that we are able to repair
- the bin is reported as damaged by our operatives
- it is the first bin allocated as part of any service change - we will tell you when we change our service
- the bin is being exchanged for a bigger bin because you qualify as a larger family
|New wheels or lid (all bin types)||Free|
|New or replacement bin (all types and sizes)||£15.00|
|Delivery for new or replacement bin||£15.00|
Buying multiple bins
If you want to buy more than one bin, phone us instead. You'll only have to pay one delivery fee (£15.00). If you use our online service, you'll be charged a separate delivery fee for each bin.
We will send you a standard sized bin, unless you have already qualified for a bigger bin and need to replace it. There’s a separate application process if you think you may qualify for a bigger bin.
Our available sizes are:
|Bin colour||140 litre||240 litre||360 litre|
|Brown||Not available||Standard||Not available|
How to apply
You must have an online account to apply for a new or replacement bin, or to get your bin repaired.
If you're unable to complete the online form, you can contact the clean and green team. Our customer experience staff will take you through the process and tell you how to send your evidence.
It can take up to six weeks for new houses to appear on our system. If your address is not available when you log in, you can contact the clean and green team instead to make your application.
What happens next
Leave your bin at the front of your property if:
- it's damaged beyond repair (and we will dispose of it)
- you've booked a repair
We aim to get your new or replacement bin to you, or repair your existing bin, within 14 working days.