Skip to main content

This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Make a complaint

Your complaints can help us to improve the services we provide to everyone. Please tell us if we have:

  • failed to do something we should have done
  • performed a service badly
  • treated you badly or discourteously

There's a different process if you want to complain about a councillor.

Report a problem or appeal

We can fix some problems without going through the complaints procedure. You can report common problems (for example, potholes and fly-tipping) using our online reporting forms

You can also:

How to complain

The quickest way to complain is by using our online form. You'll be able to upload supporting photographs and documents too (each file should not be larger than 5MB).

You'll need to have an account so that we can contact you and resolve any problems. By creating an account and signing in:

  • we'll be able to follow up your submissions with you direct
  • you'll be able to see a record of your submissions and track their progress
  • you'll be able to find any other reports you may have sent us

If you're not able to complete the online form, you can contact our customer experience centre. They will take you through the process and tell you how you can submit any evidence.

Alternatively, you can write to us.

What happens next?

First, we’ll acknowledge your complaint when we receive it. We’ll make sure it goes to the right service so they can take action.

Stage 1

We’ll investigate your complaint and send you a full response within 20 working days. If we need more time to respond, we will let you know.

Stage 2

If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact us using your online account, or by phone. A senior officer will review the matter and make sure the initial investigation was carried out properly. We will send a full response within 20 working days.

Local Government Ombudsman

After our stage 2 response, if you are still unhappy and want to take your complaint further, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman.