Pay for a bulky waste collection
If you need to dispose of bulky household items, there are two options. You can:
- pay for a collection
- take them to one of our recycling centres (free of charge):
This service is for residential waste only. If you are a business or landlord and want a large or bulky item removed, please visit our business waste page.
£10.00 for up to three items (or three points). This charge is non-refundable.
Before you begin
To arrange your bulky waste collection you will need:
- a registered Walsall account
- the address that you want the items to be collected from
- your availability over the next six weeks - we can only provide a date, not a time or time slot for the collection
- details about the items to be collected
- your debit or credit card details
You can also provide photographs, if you think it would be helpful. Each document must not be over 5MB in size.
We can only take items that can be carried by a two-person team.
There's a maximum of three items (or three points) per booking. Some larger items count as multiple points. The booking process will tell you what these are.
You cannot book more than two collections within a three-week period.
Items we can collect
We collect white goods such as fridges and freezers, and other large items such as household furniture.
Items we do not collect
You’ll need to make other arrangements to dispose of:
- bagged waste
- garden sheds and fences
- garden waste
- commercial waste
- building waste or rubble
- clinical waste
- hazardous waste
- items that contain glass or mirrors
How to book and make your payment
You must have an online account to book and pay for a bulky waste collection.
If you're unable to complete the online form, you can contact the clean and green team. Our customer experience staff will take you through the process and tell you how to send your evidence.
It can take up to six weeks for new houses to appear on our system. If your address is not available when you log in, you can contact the clean and green team instead to arrange your collection.
Get ready for your collection
This service runs between 6.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. We are unable to provide an exact time for collection.
- put your items out at the front of your property by 6am on the day of your collection
- make sure items are whole and easily accessible
- protect soft furnishings from rain if necessary, as we won't collect waterlogged items
We will not collect from any stairs. Items have to be on ground level at the nearest point to the property's front edge. If you need to put items on the footpath as you do not have a front garden or driveway, please let us know. We will try to move them as early as possible on the day of collection.